PostgreSQL SDBC driver for X64 from source

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
JayArr

PostgreSQL SDBC driver for X64 from source

Post by JayArr »

Hello All

I can't find a binary PosgreSQL-SDBC driver for X64 Linux, if there is one available and someone can point it out then this is an easy SOLVE.

I'm running Fedora 14 and the PostgreSQL server is on a FreeBSD machine within the same office and on the same subnet.

I CAN access the DB from this box using PGAdmin III so there are no connection or access problems.

I can actually connect to the database with the X32 driver installed, I log in and I can see a list of tables but as soon as I try to open a table OO hangs.

From my reading I believe I just need to build an X64 driver to match my OO3 X64 and I should gain access.

So I went here:

http://www.openoffice.org/dba/drivers/p ... tml#source

and I downloaded the module and expanded it in /home/Jeff/Temp

Then I went and got the postgresql-7.3.2 tarball like it said and put it in the module's download directory (do I need to extract it here or just place the .tar.gz file here?) /home/Jeff/Temp/postgreql/download

Now I can't figure out what to do. I've used make and built lots of stuff before but never a module so I'm sort of stuck. make requires a target and claims no makefile is found. There are two files in /home/Jeff/Temp/posgresql named makefile.mk and posgresql-version.mk as well as postgres-patch.unx and finally postgres-patch.win32 which I doubt I even need. I tried ./makefile.mk but get a series of errors same with ./postgres-version.mk

The documentation simply says "Build and deliver the postgresql module." but I've gone brain dead on the syntax of doing this.

Can you help me?

I can't be the only X64 Fedora box in the world that wants to connect OO3 to PostgreSQL can I?