[Solved] Running headless with ooconvert - missing filters

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
dunnma

[Solved] Running headless with ooconvert - missing filters

Post by dunnma »

Ok...so I am trying to do something relatively simple (at least I would like it to be). I want to convert uploaded files to PDF (so Word, Excel, etc). I have heard of ooconvert and got it up, but when I run the --list command it says things like:

Code: Select all

Warning:  NoSuchElementException:   The requested filter 'Rich Text Format' exists ... but it shouldnt; because the corresponding OOo module was not installed.
Warning:  NoSuchElementException:   The requested filter 'StarOffice XML (Writer)' exists ... but it shouldnt; because the corresponding OOo module was not installed.
Warning:  NoSuchElementException:   The requested filter 'MS Word 2003 XML' exists ... but it shouldnt; because the corresponding OOo module was not installed.
Warning:  NoSuchElementException:   The requested filter 'StarCalc 1.0' exists ... but it shouldnt; because the corresponding OOo module was not installed.
Warning:  NoSuchElementException:   The requested filter 'draw_pdf_Export' exists ... but it shouldnt; because the corresponding OOo module was not installed.
Warning:  NoSuchElementException:   The requested filter 'MS Excel 95' exists ... but it shouldnt; because the corresponding OOo module was not installed.
Warning:  NoSuchElementException:   The requested filter 'draw8' exists ... but it shouldnt; because the corresponding OOo module was not installed.
Warning:  NoSuchElementException:   The requested filter 'MS Excel 97' exists ... but it shouldnt; because the corresponding OOo module was not installed.
I have checked and I have all of the packages installed (except for the language packs). Based upon my signature line does anyone know how I can install these missing modules?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
openoffice.org-headless on CentOS release 5.3 x86_64
dunnma

Re: Running headless with ooconvert - missing filters

Post by dunnma »

Ok...so I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled every module at the same time (instead of piecemeal) and everything is working...go figure.
openoffice.org-headless on CentOS release 5.3 x86_64
natus

Re: [Solved] Running headless with ooconvert - missing filte

Post by natus »

Hello

I work on a ubuntu server, 11.04 64 bits, and I get exactly the same error. The way I installed ooconvert seems to be different :
- I download oocconvert on http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooconvert/
- then I needed to install a server specific package : Xvfb
- then I had to install the package python-uno
And now I get exactly your error.

So my question, how did you install ooconvert?
reinstalled every module at the same time (instead of piecemeal) and everything is working
Coold you explain this please ?

Thanks a lot :cry:
ooconvert / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 11.04
natus

Re: [Solved] Running headless with ooconvert - missing filte

Post by natus »

Well I just installed openoffice.org withthe depot and now it's working perfextly.

I didn't know openoffice was neccesary .
:bravo:
ooconvert / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 11.04