[Solved] Does not print properly in landscape

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
adiamond

[Solved] Does not print properly in landscape

Post by adiamond »

I've tried Libre and OO and cannot properly print with it. I have selected a few columns that I would like to print in landscape. When I print, only 3 of these columns are printed, taking up only half the page in landscape. It's almost as if it actually print the file landscape like I wanted, but all the settings told it that it was to print it portrait. It's confusing to explain! I need a fix for this bad!

Edit:

I'm using Mepis Linux, but I downloaded a fresh copy from the OpenOffice.org website.

Thanks

Flame icon removed. That icon means 'Tagged to a known issue' (TheGurkha, Moderator)
Last edited by adiamond on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3 on Mepis Squeeze
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Does not print properly in landscape

Post by kingfisher »

Possibly you need to create a print range. The menu selection is Format > Print ranges > Define. Search for print +landscape in the forum. The topic has be discussed quite recently.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
adiamond

Post by adiamond »

I have tried to do that. It acts like it thinks it's supposed to print in portrait mode, but actually prints in landscape mode. So only a portion of the landscape page is getting printed on. This is a really bad bug.
adiamond

Post by adiamond »

A picture is worth a thousand words:
File - > Page Preview
File - > Page Preview
You should be able to see in the picture, through the File -> Page Preview dialog, that only half the landsacape page is being utilized. Several columns were selected and then defined via a Format -> Print Ranges -> Define.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Define a Print range. In /Format /Page :Page Tab select Landscape. In /File /Print select Printer Properties and verify that Landscape is selected. Works OK on Ubuntu 11.04
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
adiamond

Post by adiamond »

I did that, and it still doesn't work. I selected like 6 different columns (using the control, and left mouse click method), then clicked Format -> Define a Print Range, then Format -> Page -> Verify Landscape selected, and then also in File - > Print -> Printer Properties. It only prints 3 columns as described above. Even if I shrink the page via Page Preview down so small you can't even see it, it only shows three columns. Does OO not allow you to select non-adjacent columns to selectively print?
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

Try hiding the columns you don't want to print.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
adiamond

Post by adiamond »

That worked great, thanks Kingfisher!