[Solved] Macros unavailable

Issues with installing under all Linux Distributions

[Solved] Macros unavailable

Postby werdigo49 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:25 pm

I have both LibreOffice and StarOffice 8 (rev 14) on my Kubuntu Natty system, and can't record Calc macros in either of them. SO8 gave me a "no jre" error, so I found a jre package on the Natty repository and installed it; that error message disappeared, but I still can't record and run a macro. In LibreOffice, the "record macro" option is greyed out, with no information as to why.

What's missing from my fresh Natty reinstallation?
Last edited by werdigo49 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Werdigo49
LibreOffice 5.0.6
Kubuntu Trusty Tahr (14.04)
werdigo49

Re: Macros unavailable

Postby floris v » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:03 am

Are you sure that you installed the necessary elements for running and recording macros? Have you made sure that OOo/LO can use Java (Tools - Options OOo - Java; make sure that Use a Java runtime environment is ticked and that a JRE is selected in the list (bullet in the far left column).
AOO 4.1.6 op Linux Mint
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
floris v

Re: Macros unavailable

Postby werdigo49 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 am

floris v wrote:Are you sure that you installed the necessary elements for running and recording macros? Have you made sure that OOo/LO can use Java (Tools - Options OOo - Java; make sure that Use a Java runtime environment is ticked and that a JRE is selected in the list (bullet in the far left column).

Thanks, Floris. Macros are running now in each of the programs.
--Werdigo49
LibreOffice 5.0.6
Kubuntu Trusty Tahr (14.04)
werdigo49

Return to Linux