Opening OOo in maximised window

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
phufbv

Opening OOo in maximised window

Post by phufbv »

Hi all, I'm experiencing a minor annoyance in the basic OOo setup, but can't find any documentation about it. When I open a file, the window opens to the same size and position as it was when I closed that file previously. This is all good, except it doesn't work with maximised windows, i.e. it remembers the window size and position for smaller windows, but this doesn't seem to apply for maximised windows. Obviously I can resize the window by dragging the bottom right corner out, but that doesn't quite fill the whole page. Or I have to maximise every window every time I open it, which is getting very frustrating.

So my question is, why doesn't it remember the 'Maximised' window re-size when it remembers all other re-sizes? And how can I change this, surely 'Open maximised' is the default setting?

Many thanks
OpenOffice.org 3.1.1
OOO310m19 (Build:9420)
Linux
RoryOF

Re: Opening OOo in maximised window

Post by RoryOF »

On Ubuntu 11.04 the individual OpenOffice applications launch in the default window used by the main OOo selector application. If that is closed in maximised state then I think all your OOo applications will start up maximised,
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS