some issues

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
bennyda

some issues

Post by bennyda »

I am using OpenOffice 2.2 with Ubuntu 7.04. There are some issues I have been unable to resolve
1. No icons appear in the toolbars
2. Microsoft PowerPoint .ppt and .pps files do not play as slideshows
3. I can't get the fonts used in Microsoft Office to be listed in OpenOffice font list

Any ideas???
Hagar Delest

Re: some issues

Post by Hagar Delest »

First, you should upgrade to 2.4 if you don't have specific needs from the Ubuntu version: install the official version of OOo : [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co., it will take care of your second question and the first one also.

For 1, if you don't want to install the official version, install the openoffice.org2-style-... packages in Synaptic.
For 3, install the msttcorefonts package.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
bennyda

Post by bennyda »

Hagar,

Thanks for the reply.

I went thru the link you sent me and I noticed a mention of a very buggy Ubu version of OOo. I have been considering upgrading to Gutsy. If I do that will have to uninstall the Ubu version of OOo before installing the official one? Conversely, if i install the official OOo will I have to reinstall it if I upgrade?

On my other point, I already have msttcorefonts installed but the MS fonts don't show up. If I open a MS Word doc then the fonts show correctly but if I want to find I cant a specific font i don't see it.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

bennyda wrote:I have been considering upgrading to Gutsy. If I do that will have to uninstall the Ubu version of OOo before installing the official one?
Yes.
bennyda wrote:if i install the official OOo will I have to reinstall it if I upgrade?
Yes, you'll even have to uninstall it and re-install the Ubuntu version before upgrading because the upgrade needs the ubuntu-desktop package to be installed (there fore OOo since it's part of that meta-package).
bennyda wrote:On my other point, I already have msttcorefonts installed but the MS fonts don't show up. If I open a MS Word doc then the fonts show correctly but if I want to find I cant a specific font i don't see it.
That's a bug I think because they should be available. Do you see them in other applications?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
bennyda

Post by bennyda »

bennyda wrote:That's a bug I think because they should be available. Do you see them in other applications?
I haven't been changing fonts in apps other than OOo but i will look out for it.