Files missing from Solaris distribution

Issues with installing under all Linux Distributions

Files missing from Solaris distribution

Postby clamage » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 pm

After installing OOO3.3 on sparc/Solaris 10, it fails to start, with the message
Code: Select all   Expand viewCollapse view
ld.so.1: soffice.bin: fatal: libuno_sal.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory

Inspection reveals the library is not present. Other threads about this library on Linux mention the RPM openofficeorg-ure. That package did get installed. Inspection of the pkgmap shows 58 files that should be in the package, including the missing library. But the package does not contain any files:
Code: Select all   Expand viewCollapse view
% cd  OOO330_m20_native_packed-1_en-US.9567/packages/openofficeorg-ure/reloc
% ls -R
.:
opt

./opt:
openoffice.org

./opt/openoffice.org:
ure

./opt/openoffice.org/ure:
bin    lib    share

./opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin:

./opt/openoffice.org/ure/lib:

./opt/openoffice.org/ure/share:
java  misc

./opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/java:

./opt/openoffice.org/ure/share/misc:

Apparently a bad package was provided in the downloaded file. Will the sparc/Solaris distribution be fixed? Can I get a good version of the bad package?
Steve Clamage
OOO 3.3 Solaris/sparc
clamage

Re: files missing from Solaris distribution

Postby acknak » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Hmm... I don't see that file--or anything else from openoffice.org/ure/lib either. I can't claim to understand OOo's packaging, especially for Solaris, but it does look like something's missing. I don't see it in the Solaris_x86 tarball either.

I would not expect the problem (if indeed there is one) to be rectified anytime soon. It's going to be months before the ASF developers get a new release together.

Does LibreOffice distribute a Solaris package? If so, that's probably your best option if you want a current version.

Edit: PS: 
Did you use the Solaris package manager ("pkgadd") to install it? Or did you use the Java installer?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Re: Files missing from Solaris distribution

Postby clamage » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm

I just ran the "setup" script that spawned a GUI installer.
For fun, I uninstalled the package using pkgrm, then tried to install it with pkgadd. The installation failed, as I would expect. Apparently the installer ignored the failure.

Since a bad package was distributed, is there a way to file a bug report on the distribution? They don't need to create a new OOO3 update, just populate the package correctly and put up a corrected distribution file.
Steve Clamage
OOO 3.3 Solaris/sparc
clamage

Re: Files missing from Solaris distribution

Postby acknak » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:41 pm

You can certainly file a bug report: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions

But, as far as I know, there's no one working on such things at this point.

You might have some luck posting on the developers mailing list; I think that address is still active. Maybe someone there can step in.
http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html
dev@openoffice.org
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Return to Linux