[Solved] OOo 2.4 SuSe 2.6 No KDE Menu Items after painful

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
farmrmk

[Solved] OOo 2.4 SuSe 2.6 No KDE Menu Items after painful

Post by farmrmk »

I downloaded and tried to install 2.4 OO0. I had to install each RPM individually. The Java Setup just hung. Tried 4 times. Then I read the BASH setup instructions and tried that. It says every RPM is installed. I installed the KDE Integration 3 times also. Rebooted, restarted KDE, everything I can think of. Still no Menus. My OO0 2.2 that was in my KDE Applications under Office is gone! The YAST installation of the KDE Menu Integration RPM hangs also. Where are the menu items & how do I get them back?

Thanks, Matt
Last edited by farmrmk on Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: OOo 2.4 SuSe 2.6 No KDE Menu Items after painful install

Post by kingfisher »

I may be wrong but I've always been under the impression that menu entries were made by the "Desktop Integration" rpm. There are 6 rpms in the "Desktop Integration" folder, including one for SuSE.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

Try to install OOo openSuSE version with YAST, add installation source for 10.3, or select another version from same source.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

kingfisher wrote:I've always been under the impression that menu entries were made by the "Desktop Integration" rpm.
That's correct. Many users forget to install that last package. But I guess you need to have first the main packages to be installed, hence a subfolder for desktop integration to be handled afterwards.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
farmrmk

Post by farmrmk »

OK, I give up. I have SuSe 10.2 on my machine with kernel 2.6. I reloaded OppenOffice 2.0.4 using YAST. It downloaded it from the official update site. Everything is OK.

I went to the OO0 website and saw 2.4 and wanted to use it, you know - faster bigger better always use the latest everything. I went to the SuSe 10.3 repository like the reply above suggested and there was 2.4 under "UNSTABLE" DIRECTORY. That scared me off so I'll stick with 2.0.4 for a while. I'll get SuSe 10.3 1st.

Thanks for the help! Matt K.
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: OOo 2.4 SuSe 2.6 No KDE Menu Items after painful [Solved]

Post by r4zoli »

This the link for OOo 2.4 for 10.2, it is final 2.4 version, in few days will be transfered to STABLE.
Until that you can use unstable repo.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
farmrmk

Re: OOo 2.4 SuSe 2.6 No KDE Menu Items after painful [Solved]

Post by farmrmk »

Thanks! I installed the bundled package first and it was OK. I then installed the KDE package & it was OK. Menu item works. There were no blanks in the Quickstarter (especially Text document) so I found that if I re-installed the basic packages (Write, Calc, etc...) they showed up. I'm sure I have a working OOo 2.4 suite now with thanks to the help I received in this forum!

I wish the help I needed with my modem/KDE/SuSe was this easy & accurate!

Matt K.