How to uninstall openoffice?

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
jjglavez

How to uninstall openoffice?

Post by jjglavez »

Hi I installed openoffice 2.4 on unbunt 7.10 a64 but first uninstalling the version of openoffice that comes with ubuntu (I just used synaptic to do that) and then downloading openoffice, untaring and using sudo dpkg --force-architecture -i *.deb This installed openoffice just fine. Now how do I uninstall it? its not listed anywhere under synaptic that I can find

Jose
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How to uninstall openoffice?

Post by Villeroy »

Now how do I uninstall it? its not listed anywhere under synaptic that I can find
I installed my downloaded v2.3.1 using the command line (dpkg -i *.deb).
I can see the installed packages in synaptic, together with other locally installed packages, such as "libdvdcss" and "w32codecs".
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
jjglavez

Re: How to uninstall openoffice?

Post by jjglavez »

Villeroy wrote:
Now how do I uninstall it? its not listed anywhere under synaptic that I can find
I installed my downloaded v2.3.1 using the command line (dpkg -i *.deb).
I can see the installed packages in synaptic, together with other locally installed packages, such as "libdvdcss" and "w32codecs".
I didn't see it with V2.3.1 either, which I installed the same as 2.4, still wondering how I'm going to get rid of it?