Can't select no component for installation

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
me3

Can't select no component for installation

Post by me3 »

Hello,

I downloaded OOo_3.2.1_Linux_x86_install-rpm-wJRE_en-GB.tar.gz for installation on my Fedora 14 (32 bits) box.

After extracting I run the setup and I can't get past a message saying "No components have been selected for installation. Click 'OK' to select one or more components for installation or to exit the Installation Wizard."

I try selecting components bu no matter what I do there is no way I can select any component.

So ... how does one install OO on Fedora?

Marc
Open Office 3.2.1 on Fedora 14
Hagar Delest

Re: Can't select no component for installation

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Better avoid this script and use your package manager for that.

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
me3

Post by me3 »

I find it very confusing to use my package manager for OO. I type openoffice and I get a list of about 50 matches, with about 80% of them including the word openoffice.

That is why I want to download a full package which I can double-click and install and not have to waste time searching the list to figure out which one/ones are the packages I need from that list of 50 matches.

Can I download a simple 1 "plug-and-play" rpm? Or do I have to spend the whole day to install this office suite?

Marc
Open Office 3.2.1 on Fedora 14
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I'm talking about Yum (IIRC) or directly with the rpm, see [Solved] Installing RPMs on Acer One (Fedora 8).
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

me3 wrote:I find it very confusing to use my package manager for OO. I type openoffice and I get a list of about 50 matches, with about 80% of them including the word openoffice.
No need to search for the package, just use the desktop menu: System > Add/Remove Software, select "Package collections" at the top left, then scroll down to "Office/Productivity" and tick it, then click "Apply".

If you must use the command line for some reason, you can install one application and the package manager will automatically install all the required supporting packages.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23