Convert word and HTML files to PDF on command line

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
mzshen

Convert word and HTML files to PDF on command line

Post by mzshen »

Hello,

on an older installation I have, I found a macro file, AnyToPDF.xba,
and it works fine.

now I have Fedora 12. It comes with OO 3.1.1.
AnyToPDF.xba does not seem to work in it.
There is no output PDF file, and I do not know how to get an error message.

So I downloaded OO 3.2 and AnyToPDF.xba does not work either.
If I use OO GUI and export to PDF, I do get a PDF file.
But I need to do the conversion without using a GUI.

Converting Word docs and HTML files into PDF would be great.

Thanks!
MZ
nemopdf

Re: Convert word and HTML files to PDF on command line

Post by nemopdf »

:)If you want to add many images into only one PDF, you can try Nemo Html to PDF. This program is just for converting all kinds of html into PDF format, and you can create individual PDF files for each image, or form only a PDF file for all of the images. You can also set properties, page layout and other features for output PDF files. Get more information in below link: Source(s): http://www.nemopdf.com/products/all_to_pdf.html
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
iKazmi2040

Post by iKazmi2040 »

Hey everyone,

I need to export a file from rtf to pdf from command line. The rtf file has images which need to be exported to the pdf file. I have tried Ted to export the .rtf file to .ps but it gives an error message when it tries to export the images in the .rtf file.

I have tried exporting the file from the Open Office GUI and that works fine. I am generating rtf files on a webserver and need those files exported to pdf. I just need to export the rtf document with the default settings to pdf. Is there a way where I could use php to export the rtf file to pdf? I have checked the API documentation and the C++ documentation is unavailable (the only available documentation is for Java which does not help a lot).

Any help regarding this or any pointers as to where I can find something useful regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ali
OpenOffice 3.1 on Ubuntu 9.10
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

Abiword:

Code: Select all

$ abiword --to=pdf filename.rtf
I tried it but images originally in the centre of the page were left aligned in the .pdf.

I've not tried these but see if they are of any interest:

JODConverter
PyODConverter
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
BadWolf

Post by BadWolf »

Would it not be better to just open the RTF in OpenOffice and just export it to PDF? Something like this http://www.rtftopdf.com

I just don't see the point of going to command line when it's built in to the interface and it works fine.
www.xpstopdf.com
OpenOffice Version 3, on XP
JamesJo

Post by JamesJo »

BadWolf wrote:Would it not be better to just open the RTF in OpenOffice and just export it to PDF? Something like this http://www.rtftopdf.com

I just don't see the point of going to command line when it's built in to the interface and it works fine.
indeed, much easier.. i found it in here wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Exporting_to_PDF