[Solved] hslqdb and java IO problem on Suse 10.3

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
Cherock

[Solved] hslqdb and java IO problem on Suse 10.3

Post by Cherock »

I have this problem on Suse 10.3 I have the Hsqldb engine and Java 1.5 and 1.6 installed. Both show up in the OO java tab. Both don't work and pop when I click on any tables, forms, etc on a database. See Attachment. As far as Classpath, I don't have any idea as to what I need to do to resolve this issue. I love my OO, but this has caused major headache for me until I can get this resolved. ANY HELP is greatly appreciated. Please be very specific in what it is I have to do, step-wise. I am migrating from a Windows user to a Linux user. I have no understanding of the inter-workings of software files and how they are supposed to be structured or where in the scheme of things. Thanks, Clois Beckwith.
Attachments
This is the results of the search for jar, but I have no idea why there are two jars?
This is the results of the search for jar, but I have no idea why there are two jars?
Last edited by Cherock on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have LinuxMint 20 - Cinnamon loaded alongside Windows 10 - Pro. I use LinuxMint 20 all of the time.
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: hslqdb and java IO problem on Suse 10.3

Post by r4zoli »

Hi Clois,
As I understand you want to connect to HSQLDB running in server mode outside OOo, if not that case remove HSQLDB from classes and built in connection will work.
In server case:
1. You could select any of the hsqldb.jar for classes, I selected from OOo program classes.
2. As I remember 2.3.0 has error in connection to HSQLDB server, and inside HSQLDB.

On database settings:
JDBC class: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
Trick in data source use: hsqldb:hsql://localhost/;default_schema=true

If not work add to Yast sorce, and update to 2.3.1:
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repos ... SUSE_10.3/

Connection to outside server for me under openSuSE version of 2.3.1 works, on 10.3, x86_64 with java 1.6.
Zoltan
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Cherock

Post by Cherock »

Well, this was not the problem and I need to find out, where I can go to find out what the software load is for the OpenOffice 2.3.1 and what the support files that HAVE to be loaded for the OpenOffice to work properly. I removed the hsqldb files and I am still getting the error
I have LinuxMint 20 - Cinnamon loaded alongside Windows 10 - Pro. I use LinuxMint 20 all of the time.
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

I don't understand your problem. It's my fault, but please explain more detailed.
Why needs to add HSQLDB to classpath?
What functions not working in 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 on openSUSE?
What types of .odb you have problems, builtin native HSQLDB or connecting to outside HSQLDB server?
If you could, up load example file with problems.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Cherock

(NOT SOLVED, BUT RESOLVED)

Post by Cherock »

This problem was not solved; however, I just wiped out the files done in base and start from scratch again. After I reloaded/downloaded again from the repos for the current version 2.3.1 It will at least allow me to generate new tables and forms, which it would not do on the other files.