[Solved] Text overlay in toolbar (old and new font name)

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
redx48

[Solved] Text overlay in toolbar (old and new font name)

Post by redx48 »

Hi,
I'm have an annoying problem with my OpenOffice Writer which I have installed a stand alone Linux Mint 19.1 desktop pc.

As shown in the image below, there is a problem with the toolbar showing Style, Font selection, and Font size. When I open Writer, the font displayed in the box is (for example) Times New Roman and when I choose a different font (for example) Arial, the original font stays in the box and Arial is displayed on top of it. With any font I choose it is always displayed on top of the preceding font. It also happens with the Style box and the Font Size box and also happens in the boxes of some right-click menu popup windows.

It's annoying because, as you can see, it makes it impossible to read clearly.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem please?

Thanks.
Last edited by redx48 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Linux Mint 19.01
robleyd

Re: OOWriter toolbar problem

Post by robleyd »

See Re: Over-written menu responses which suggests:

"The problem appears to be caused by a compatibility issue with the Mint-Y theme which is the default theme in Linux Mint 19. Changing the theme to Mint-X which was the default theme in Linux Mint 18 should work around the problem."
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
redx48

Re: Toolbar problem

Post by redx48 »

Hi robleyd,
You seem to have solved my problem. In Themes I had 'Icons' and 'Window Borders' set to Mint-X, but also had 'Controls' and 'Desktop' set to Mint-Y . Only changing 'Controls' back to Mint-X appears to have fixed the problem.

I'd never have thought it was a theme issue, thanks very much for the good advice.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Linux Mint 19.01