[SOLVED] OpenOffice stuck on Raleigh theme and can't change

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
Ahmadraniri

[SOLVED] OpenOffice stuck on Raleigh theme and can't change

Post by Ahmadraniri »

Though some people said OpenOffice was dead, but honestly I'm comfortable with OpenOffice than other document editor.
Anyway I think I get a trouble with OpenOffice on arch Linux (I have two machine and installed arch Linux there). OpenOffice can't follow my gtk theme (breeze, adwaita, etc) and stuck on Raleigh theme.
_
I suspect it because gtk stuff or maybe python stuff (since I know OpenOffice needs python, right).
And strangely it happens just on arch Linux 64 bit but not on my arch Linux 32 bit (archlinux32). Any ideas?
OpenOffice 4.1.8
_
Things I've done:
Set OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome (not work).
Load gtk-2.0 configuration manually (not work).
Installing some package which relate to gtk and python (pygtk, python-xlib, gtkmm) etc. (Not work).
Last edited by robleyd on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add green tick
OpenOffice 4.1.8 - Debian 10 & Archlinux.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Openoffice stuck on Raleigh theme and can't change.

Post by Villeroy »

OpenOffice can't follow anything that did not exist 10 years ago. Either you use it as is (for me it crashes too often) or you fix things on your own or use LibreOffice which is more or less the same software. I would think that it is by far easier and more rewarding to adjust to a slightly different software.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

How did you install 4.1.8? It doesn't appear to be in the AUR. Are you using a desktop environment that has a theme configuration tool? AOO 4.1.7 does follow my theme in Manjaro Cinnamon.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Ahmadraniri

Post by Ahmadraniri »

Bill wrote:How did you install 4.1.8? It doesn't appear to be in the AUR. Are you using a desktop environment that has a theme configuration tool? AOO 4.1.7 does follow my theme in Manjaro Cinnamon.
How did I install? Just grab the .tar.gz archive then extract it and set the path.
Ahmadraniri

Re: OpenOffice stuck on Raleigh theme and can't change

Post by Ahmadraniri »

Thanks Allah, it's solved, I just need to install "gdk-pixbuf-xlib" package.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [SOLVED] OpenOffice stuck on Raleigh theme and can't cha

Post by Villeroy »

The gdk-pixbuf-xlib package provides a deprecated Xlib interface to gdk-pixbuf, which is needed for some applications which have not been ported to use the new interfaces yet.

This package is known to build and work properly using an LFS-10.0 platform.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs//v ... -xlib.html
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Bill
Volunteer

Re: [SOLVED] OpenOffice stuck on Raleigh theme and can't cha

Post by Bill »

Manjaro Cinnamon doesn't have gdk-pixbuf-xlib or gdk-pixbuf installed. It does have gdk-pixbuf2. Gdk-pixbuf-xlib is available from the official repository but is deprecated. Gdk-pixbuf is only available from the AUR.

It seems strange that a cutting edge rolling release like Arch would require a deprecated package.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04