OOoBean Ubuntu Frame size problem

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
Simon Castle

OOoBean Ubuntu Frame size problem

Post by Simon Castle »

I have a Java application where we have embedded LibreOffice, this works fine on Windows so I have ported it to Linux which now fails.

To make things simple I have gone back to the example described here https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Docume ... by_Example
Which I am launching from Eclipse with UNO_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, java.lbrary.path all set up correctly (it appears to run fine)

LibreOffice itself is working fine on Ubuntu and when I run the demo/test (same code works on Windows) the Java application runs fine and connects to office, opening a test document.
However the frame is tiny, pinned to the center of the desktop, not resizable or movable. It looks like there is a valid office application running in the frame, as it does react.
You can see it below.

I have :-
OpenJDK-11
LibreOffice 7.0.3, also 6.4.2, Also the OfficeBean package
Ubuntu 20.4/18.4

Could anyone offer any guidance how to try and fix this. I can switch Linux distributions if someone can confirm they know the OOoBean works else where.

Thanks for any help
... Simon
Attachments
Ubuntu.jpg
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
Simon Castle

Re: OOoBean Ubuntu Frame size problem

Post by Simon Castle »

Can anyone confirm either way whether or not this works correctly on Linux.

If so what configuration ?

Thank you.

... Simon
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

This is a user forum. Nobody here can reproduce anything related to your Java program.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Simon Castle

Post by Simon Castle »

Im sorry to ask a misleading question.
The question wasn't supposed to be about my specific application but rather the OOoBean in general running on Linux.

I would like to know if anyone is aware of this being successfully used, either by them or some other application.

The example above is taken directly from odk/examples/DevelopersGuide/OfficeBean/OOoBeanViewer.java bundled with the source distribution of OpenOffice
https://api.libreoffice.org/examples/De ... iewer.java

Thanks.
... Simon
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I doubt that anybody here knows what OOoBean is.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice