[Solved] LibreOffice Report Builder fails

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
JWoody

[Solved] LibreOffice Report Builder fails

Post by JWoody »

I recently switched to Linux Ubuntu 20.04 and to LibreOffice (Version: 6.4.6.2 Build ID: 1:6.4.6-0ubuntu0.20.04.1) from OpenOffice Base.
My database opens in LibreOffice Base, but after adding the Oracle Report Builder I can't create or edit any of my reports. When attempting to open or edit, I get the error message:

The Document "rptInvoice" could not be opened.
loading component library<file:///usr/lib/libreoffice/program/-librptlo.so>failed

I checked the directory and find no "librptlo.so" file listed.

The Oracle Report Builder extension is the same one I used in AOO Base, (Oracle Report Builder 1.2.1)
Not to sure what to do now. I decided to use LibreOffice because I couldn't get OpenOffice Base to work in Ubuntu 20.04- worked fine in 14.04 - and when looking for solutions I got the impression that the included package would work better.
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. If any more info is required, please let me know.

I managed to figure this out via the LibreOffice forums.
I gave up on the Oracle Report Builder and added a LibreOffice ReportBuilder extension.
My reports created in Oracle Report Builder would not work, but when trying to get an answer as to why the "Create Report in Design View" did nothing, I found the solution.
For anyone interested:
Even though Base was installed, and the ReportBuilder extension added
I had to run the following commands in Terminal:
sudo apt install libreoffice-report-builder
sudo apt install libreoffice-report-builder-bin

After that, everything works perfectly
Linux
LibreOffice Version: 6.4.6.2
Build ID: 1:6.4.6-0ubuntu0.20.04.1