[Solved] OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Issues with installing under all Linux Distributions

[Solved] OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Postby fox_aoo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:01 pm

All my OpenOffice programs have changed to a dark theme in the last few days, and I'm at a loss to explain it or revert back to a normal look.
Currently Calc looks like this
Image

but it used to look something like this
Image

I don't know what made it change, and I can't seem to get back to the original light theme.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by RoryOF on Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on openSUSE Tumbleweed
fox_aoo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Postby RoryOF » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:15 pm

It looks (a guess!) as if your video display has the colours inverted. Has openSUSE updated recently?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
User avatar
RoryOF
Moderator
 
Posts: 31541
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Postby fox_aoo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:39 pm

RoryOF wrote:It looks (a guess!) as if your video display has the colours inverted. Has openSUSE updated recently?


Yes, but everything else looks normal, not inverted.
Just tried changing the system colours and all other windows change colours, but OpenOffice still remains dark.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on openSUSE Tumbleweed
fox_aoo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Postby RoryOF » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Have you tried any change of theme in /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /View?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
User avatar
RoryOF
Moderator
 
Posts: 31541
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:30 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Postby fox_aoo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:58 pm

RoryOF wrote:Have you tried any change of theme in /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /View?


There's no theme option in View, only in Appearance, but there's only one scheme available there.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on openSUSE Tumbleweed
fox_aoo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Postby Bill » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:06 pm

Are you using the KDE desktop in OpenSuse? A recent update to KDE may have changed the theme for GTK3 apps, but I don't know if Tumbleweed has rolled out that update.
AOO 4.1.7 on Manjaro Cinnamon
Bill
Volunteer
 
Posts: 7916
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:48 am

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Postby fox_aoo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:21 pm

Bill wrote:Are you using the KDE desktop in OpenSuse? A recent update to KDE may have changed the theme for GTK3 apps, but I don't know if Tumbleweed has rolled out that update.


I am using the KDE desktop. Any idea where I find the theme settings for GTK3 apps?
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on openSUSE Tumbleweed
fox_aoo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Re: OpenOffice 4.1.7 changed to a dark theme

Postby fox_aoo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:43 pm

fox_aoo wrote:
Bill wrote:Are you using the KDE desktop in OpenSuse? A recent update to KDE may have changed the theme for GTK3 apps, but I don't know if Tumbleweed has rolled out that update.


I am using the KDE desktop. Any idea where I find the theme settings for GTK3 apps?


Found it, and both GTK2 and GTK3 themes are set to Breeze, but OpenOffice is not displaying the Breeze theme.
Changed the theme to something else and then back to Breeze and OpenOffice is now back to the original light theme.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on openSUSE Tumbleweed
fox_aoo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:32 pm


Return to Linux

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests