[Solved] Cannot Meet Dependencies

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
alphagenius

[Solved] Cannot Meet Dependencies

Post by alphagenius »

I am using Linux Mint 19.2 Tina Cinnamon and I am trying to install OpenOffice using the DEB files, I downloaded the latest version and the also the language pack. I unzip them and I started installing OpenOffice one DEB at a time. Everything went great but now I am down to just a few files left, and I cannot go any further because they all depend on “openoffice-en-US.” I thought that I had installed that DEB already but I thought maybe I was wrong. I tried again and it was already installed. I even tried reinstalling it but still I get nothing. Will someone please help me fix this so that I can finish installing OpenOffice?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Kubuntu 20.04
RoryOF

Re: Cannot Meet Dependencies

Post by RoryOF »

My experience, using Xubuntu 18.04, was that I downloaded the deb version from the download page (linked off the OpenOffice icon at bottom right of Forum window). Expand that file, then in a terminal do

Code: Select all

sudo apt purge libreoffice*
to remove all traces of LibreOffice. If you do not wish to do this, then read no further.

Then

Code: Select all

cd ~/Downloads/en-US/DEBS
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
cd desktop-integration
sudo dpkg -i *.deb
the en-US portion of the directory path may differ according to the language version you downloaded.

I cannot recollect that I had to download anything else to satisfy dependencies.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

alphagenius wrote:I downloaded the latest version
Was this the EN-US version or some other language?
alphagenius wrote:...and the also the language pack.
What language?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
alphagenius

Post by alphagenius »

This was the en-US version.
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Kubuntu 20.04
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

I loaded LM 19.2 on a live USB and ran into the same problem when using GDEBI to install the packages one at a time. Try using dpkg to install the packages that GDEBI won't install.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
alphagenius

[SOLVED] Re: Cannot Meet Dependencies

Post by alphagenius »

Since I did not get to many things installed on the laptops with Linux Mint, I decide to start over and put Debian KDE on them. I am working to get things setup now. When I get to OpenOffice and I run into any more problems, I will be sure to come back to these forums. Thanks everyone for your input.
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Kubuntu 20.04