Unable to run 4.1.7 OpenMandriva

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
arfgh

Unable to run 4.1.7 OpenMandriva

Post by arfgh »

after get rid of the installation way... i found that i was unable to execute AOO 4.1.7 in OpenMandriva.

Code: Select all

soffice: linea 121: 6177 violación de segmento ('core' generado) "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"
some way to fix it ?
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Unable to run 4.1.7 OpenMandriva

Post by Villeroy »

sudo dnf install libreoffice
might install a working office suite. LibreOffice is the successor to OpenOffice supported by all popular desktop distributions. OpenOffice is dead.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

no, i dont want to use libreoffice. I want to use AOO. I have found recently that most of the work i did for base on AOO is not compatible with libreOffice. So I'm not interesting on that.
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Run OpenOffice from a terminal to see (perhaps) more diagnostics. In a terminal type

Code: Select all

openoffice4
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

yes RoryOF i did it,.. the error msg is what i wrote on first post.
Just interesting fact. I did install Mageia Linux distro and on it, worked at first. So, very strange not on OpenMandriva, isnt it ?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

There are so many linux distros that it is impossible to test them all. I use Xubuntu 18.04.3 and OpenOffice runs well on that (probably also on Ubuntu 18, but I haven't tried it)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

arfgh wrote:no, i dont want to use libreoffice. I want to use AOO. I have found recently that most of the work i did for base on AOO is not compatible with libreOffice. So I'm not interesting on that.
I can not use OpenOffice Base on Ubuntu because it crashes or freezes every time when a table control takes focus. What is the incompatibility between your database and LibreOffice?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice