US version versus GB version

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
sbonner

US version versus GB version

Post by sbonner »

I downloaded the GB version of OpenOffice. It didn't install properly. So, I deleted it and downloaded the US version. It installed fully and perfectly. I thought perhaps I had installed the GB version incorrectly the first time. So I downloaded that version again. I deleted the US version and attempted to re-install the GB version. Same problem again. Whats wrong with GB version that it won't install properly?

My only option, it seems, is to download the US version and run that. Not satisfactory on this side of the Atlantic!!

Any ideas
Shay
Openoffice 4.1.7
Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: US version versus GB version

Post by RoryOF »

What was wrong with GB version? It works OK for me on linux.

You could install a GB language pack over your US version.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums
Telling us that it didn't install properly is, realistically, useless. We need to know what, if any, error messages came up (the more precise the wording, the better) and/or what indicates to you that it didn't install properly?
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

You can install the en-GB dictionary on the en-US version - select it in /Tools /Options /Language Settings :Languages - Default languages for documents
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

sbonner wrote:Any ideas
Did you check the validity of the download? There is a link to instructions on the download page.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04