Data shown in chart is not saved (apparently) at closing

Discuss the spreadsheet application
camnaval

Data shown in chart is not saved (apparently) at closing

Post by camnaval »

I have been using the chart feature for years without any problems. But, ...
In plotting this month of activity, the chart for these activities, which is saved after each daily session,
when opened on the following day shows as an empty chart, with the right subdivisions but not a single label, not even for the X or Y axis and not a single data point of the many ones saved in previous days shown in it.
The only way I have found to recover them is to right click on the chart. When the green markers appear on the chart frame, I right click again on it until the X axis is highlighted by the green markers.
Once there, I click in the line " Format axis" of the pop-up window.
A new pop-up window shows up with many option tags.
In the tag " scale": if I choose " type: date" and in the following pop-up windows I select:
1 - The minimum and maximum dates for this particular chart ( which are there already since the last time I closed this chart);
2 - Leave the " Resolution" and " Minimum interval" in " Automatic" ( which means " days" and " 1 day");
and change the " Maximum interval" to " 5 days",
As soon as I complete this info, THE CHART REFRESHES WITH ALL THE PREVIOUSLY ENTERED DATA SHOWN IN THE RIGHT PLACE( !!!).
------------------------
Note: For months and until now, the charts that accompany previous tables have been working w/o problems.
I would appreciate your advice, telling me what I might be doing wrong in this particular instance.
OpenOffice 4.1.4
Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Re: Data shown in chart is not saved (apparently) at closing

Post by MrProgrammer »

camnaval wrote:In plotting this month of activity, the chart for these activities, which is saved after each daily session,
when opened on the following day shows as an empty chart …
[Solved] Calc chart not saving changes to it

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).