[Solved] Unwanted large black panel in Calc

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Alex in Grimsby

[Solved] Unwanted large black panel in Calc

Post by Alex in Grimsby »

Hi,
This problem is my own fault! I was exploring some of the buttons that I don't normally make use of and as a result of clicking one of them a large grey-black panel with a question mark in the middle appeared on the left hand side of the spreadsheet. I don't actually understand what its purpose is, nor do I want it, but having tried clicking the various icons, (zoom, data-sources, gallery, etc), above the main toolbar none of them toggles this window off, even though definitely one of them opened it! The panel has no "right-click" menu, so that won't work, nor does the panel have the standard "X" close icon top-right either. Help!
Attachments
Unwanted Black Window 3.JPG
Last edited by Alex in Grimsby on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Cessford
Open Office 4.1.6
Windows 10 (64bit) Professional
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Unwanted large black panel in Calc`

Post by John_Ha »

It's normally the docked Navigator but is the docked View > Media playback. Click as shown.

You will find much useful information in the User Guides, the Writer, Base and Calc Tutorials and the AOO Frequently Asked Questions. May I suggest you bookmark the pages.
Clipboard01.gif
Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

It is the docked media player. menu:Tools>Media Player
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Alex in Grimsby

Post by Alex in Grimsby »

Ah, never thought to look in info about Writer, given that it was Calc !!! ;-)
Seriously folks, it's was a simple thing but still produced more than a little irritation after my several attempts to cure it myself failed miserably - not all that surprising in view of the fact that I was looking in totally the wrong places! So a genuine and very sincere thank you to one and all for the exact, not to mention very swift help and cure. Maybe I can reciprocate and help someone-else sometime.
Alex Cessford
Open Office 4.1.6
Windows 10 (64bit) Professional