Accessing Files In Windows 10

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
clarrieu

Accessing Files In Windows 10

Post by clarrieu »

I have read many posts on this forum, including other threads on this topic. It seems to be a widespread problem with no one solution.

In the course of my research I have: installed java runtime environment, changed file associations via Microsoft facility, and even changed the default file path under the tools/options/path to a specific drive and folder necessary.

It seems that OO only wants to look in the C: Documents folder. Sorry, but my C drives is a 250 gig SSD.,meant for apps only. All data is kept on my internal D: drive.

After a close and restart of OO after each change, still no files displayed from my chosen data directories. :crazy:

It seems to me that the issue is that the Windows file trees do not appear, and the function just is not in the OO code

Yes, I can click on a file, and OO opens just fine. This is livable, but in the end it is just a kluge. I'm looking for a real solution, which is the opening of a file tree when one clicks on file/open, or using the folder icon. Without this function, OO is useless to me.

Thank you

PS the file/save as does not open the file tree either :(
Open Office 4.1.6 Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Accessing Files In Windows 10

Post by Bill »

clarrieu wrote:Yes, I can click on a file, and OO opens just fine. This is livable, but in the end it is just a kluge. I'm looking for a real solution, which is the opening of a file tree when one clicks on file/open, or using the folder icon. Without this function, OO is useless to me.
Are you using the AOO dialogs or the system (Windows) dialogs? I know that the AOO dialogs don't open a "file tree". I no longer use Windows, so I don't know what the Windows dialogs show. To use the Windows dialogs, select Tools > Options > OpenOffice > General and uncheck "Use OpenOffice dialogs". Click OK to close the Options dialog. Select File > Open to open the Windows "Open" dialog. Does that dialog show a "file tree"? If the dialog doesn't open in the folder on your D: drive, then you may need to add that folder to the navigation pane on the dialog so you can open that folder quickly.

On my Manjaro Mate system, only the file manager shows a file tree. The dialogs do not.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04