Trusted Publisher

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
mikelongbeach

Trusted Publisher

Post by mikelongbeach »

When I open OpenOffice I get a window that asks if I want to allow this program from an unknown publisher to make changes to my computer. I always click "yes" but is there some way that I can tell my Windows 7 computer that I trust this publisher so it doesn't have to ask me each time?
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 7
RusselB

Re: Trusted Publisher

Post by RusselB »

There might be, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Putting in an authorization to automatically allow the installation of a program that is designated as being from an Unknown Publisher risks your system, as any program that is downloaded and is detected as having an Unknown Publisher would be installed.
If you got a virus or malware, they quite often will install or try to install other software that doesn't have the publisher information, thus returning an Unknown Publisher response to Windows.
Windows can't tell the difference between a program that you recognize and is from an Unknown Publisher and one that you don't recognize and is also from an Unknown Publisher.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.