Email server problems

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
bajarick

Email server problems

Post by bajarick »

Hi. I've had OpenOffice for a long time. No real issues. I updated Thunderbird last week. That was the program I used to send calc sheets to people. Since I updated I have been unable to send anything. Failed to connect to server error. Researching Thunderbird looks like I have to go to an earlier version. I can do that but I'm pretty disgusted with their lack of support. So, I'm trying to get gmail as my server but can't figure out how to change it! Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 10
RusselB

Re: Email server problems

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
I'm sorry to say that you are attempting the impossible.
Gmail is an online e-mail service and cannot be configured to work as a stand-alone e-mail program.
Since you know that the earlier version of Thunderbird works, I suggest that you go back to that version.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RPG
Volunteer

Re: Email server problems

Post by RPG »

RusselB wrote:Since you know that the earlier version of Thunderbird works, I suggest that you go back to that version.
+1

On the Dutch forum was also such a problem but the person did give the error message. I have hope the new version of Thunderbird does also work
1530820 - MAPI not working after automatic update to 60.5.2: Sending from external progam no longer works, nor does "Send to > Mail Recipient" - Solution in comment #30

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2