Can't Save, Shuts Down, At A Loss

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
shemwelljr

Can't Save, Shuts Down, At A Loss

Post by shemwelljr »

Hello!

So I had a version that was maybe two or three older than the current and I would go to save a Calc file and it just started giving me errors all of the sudden saying that it couldn't save it. It was a general input output error.

Okay, well it said that I needed an update so I updated to the latest version. Although I haven't had the same error again, now it just won't save and sits there until it goes into "not responding" where it never responds.

Alright, let's raise the bar a bit. So I'm in the middle of starting this spreadsheet over once again, and I keep saving it over and over as I set up the next section. Things seem to be working smoothly, and then the spreadsheet just literally disappears while I'm working on it. Poof! Vanished into thin air.

I just found out that my business may be coming to an end due to insane new taxes. I'm trying to run numbers. I've used OpenOffice for years and have never had one problem. The timing of this is absolutely horrific and is making my stress levels go off the charts, charts that I cannot make because this isn't working. Please help. A large part of my world may literally be crumbling and I cannot run the numbers to see if it is salvageable.

Thank you.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on my Windows 10 Laptop
RusselB

Re: Help! Can't Save, Shuts Down, At A Loss

Post by RusselB »

First off, Welcome to the Forums.
Secondly, I'm sorry you're having troubles.
I'm going to strongly recommend that you reset your OpenOffice profile, as described in [Tutorial]The OpenOffice User Profile
Next try to recover your file(s) using the steps in [Tutorial]How to find and un-delete AOO temporary files

Please note that, if I'm correct about you using LibreOffice rather than OpenOffice, then some of the pathways in those tutorials may be slightly different due to the naming difference between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.... you may have to make some educated guesses as to the correct pathway naming.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.