Java problem

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
asu2000

Java problem

Post by asu2000 »

I have searched the OpenOffice website to resolve my problem without success. I was running OpenOffice 4 Ver. 4.1.3 and Java Run time environment: jre-8u191-windows-x64. When I create a database file, I clicked on the database icon and I revived an error message stating I needed to install Java Run time environment. I reinstalled Java Run time environment, shut down the OpenOffice program and opened it again. Same problem! I downloaded the latest version of OpenOffice 4 Ver. 4.1.6 (although it installed Ver. 4.1.5).

I again tried to open and create a database file and had the same error problem! I then downloaded and installed Java Run time environment: jre-8u201-windows-x64. I shut down the OpenOffice program and opened it again. Same problem again! Why? I've done everything logically possible. Someone else must be having the same problem! PLEASE HELP!
Joseph Fortunato
OpenOffice 4 ver. 4.1.5
Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: Java problem

Post by RoryOF »

OpenOffice on Windows is a 32 bit application, so needs a 32 bit Java, which you must manually download, install, then select in /tools /Options /OpenOffice /Java.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
robleyd

Re: Java problem

Post by robleyd »

Perhaps you searched with the wrong keywords - a search for java installation would find among others this topic which has the solution to your issue.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers