OpenOffice keep crashing

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Fiona Murphy

Re: OpenOffice keep crashing

Post by Fiona Murphy »

RusselB wrote:The biggest problem, for me, with Google Docs is the fact that you have to be online to use it. If you have a file that you want to edit, you have to either save it to a Google account or upload it to Google, then save the edited version, and then download the edited version to your computer.
I have downloaded Libre and all seems fine now. Thank you. I see others are still having the same problem on numerous threads but I doubt there is a fix.
Open office 4.1.6. on Windows 10
Captain Maybe

Re: OpenOffice keep crashing

Post by Captain Maybe »

I've just had exactly the same problem. Been using OOW on my laptops for years, but now I have a new Surface Go with Windows 10. Pretty much the first document I tried to create causes Writer to crash every single time I load it. I've updated Windows, I've reset my profile - I haven't been able to try safe mode because the onscreen keyboard during boot options is buggy and stops working.

I'm afraid I'm done with OpenOffice. One of the reasons I used to like it was that it resembled classic Word, but now it just seems like an antiquated dinosaur that refuses to evolve.
OO 4.1.7, Windows 10