Protection Fault - attemption to look at properties HP P1102

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
RonnieS

Protection Fault - attemption to look at properties HP P1102

Post by RonnieS »

I have been using "print double sided" successfully for years on an HP P1102 Laserjet.
All of a sudden, I started to experience the following error code and cannot get any further.
C:\program Files\Libreoffice/program/soffice.bin
Function address 0xf389260c caused a protection fault. (This addtess changes sometimes)
(exception code 0xc0000005) (This is always the same address or offset)
Some or all property pages may not be displayed.

I have upgraded to newer versions on at least two occasions, without any change being experienced. Was the same on my old 32 bit Windows.
I have also reloaded to HP driver a few times (From the original CD).

I would realy appreciate any help please.

I know that there are a few 'work arounds', but would like to fix it if at all possible.

__________________------------------------_______________________--------------------

I tried downloading and running the driver from HP but this has not solved the problem unfortunately.

The double sided printing works for a PDF but not for anything from LibreOffice.

Thanks for the suggestion so far.

Best regards

Ronnie
Last edited by RonnieS on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libreoffice 6.1.3.2 (x64) Windows 10 Home

Ronnie Schlegelmilch72df3
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Protection Fault - attemption to look at properties HP P

Post by John_Ha »

Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that

It's probably a Windows 10 update which has corrupted the printer driver - see numerous posts. Download the correct printer driver from the manufacture's web site and install it.

Showing that a problem has been solved helps others searching so, if your problem is now solved, please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.