Glitchy video display in OpenOffice

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Earthwalker

Glitchy video display in OpenOffice

Post by Earthwalker »

Second week of owning HP Stream and it's glitchy but only with Open Office. The screen goes all to black and white vertical lines for an instant every few minutes and then back. It doesn't do it with any other app and didn't do it last week. I happened to use the mouse scroll wheel to adjust the zoom just before this happened, but I set the zoom back to "optimal" and it's still glitchy. Any ideas?

Edit: Changed subject, was Glitchy video on HP Stream 
Make your post understandable by others 
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited topic's subject
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 10
Oliver12
Banned

Re: Glitchy video on HP Stream

Post by Oliver12 »

Earthwalker wrote:Second week of owning HP Stream and it's glitchy but only with Open Office. The screen goes all to black and white vertical lines for an instant every few minutes and then back. It doesn't do it with any other app and didn't do it last week. I happened to use the mouse scroll wheel to adjust the zoom just before this happened, but I set the zoom back to "optimal" and it's still glitchy. Any ideas?
Having the same issue and i am struggling, need help with this ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shane
[url=httpsX://gimp.software/][color=#000000]gimp[/color][/url] [url=httpsX://freejobalert.vip/][color=#000000]freejobalert[/color][/url] [url=httpsX://notepad.software/][color=#000000]notepad++[/color][/url]
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

When I need to show a video, I insert on my slide a hyperlink to the local copy of the video; when I click on the hyperlink the system video player takes over. At present OpenOffice's multimedia support is not good.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Earthwalker

Post by Earthwalker »

Sorry, meant to say the video display. When I'm running an Open Office app like Writer, it blurs momentarily into vertical lines and then the text reappears a moment later. But the occasional glitch is distracting.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Try changing the settings in /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /View; there are settiuings for Hardware Acceleration and Anti-Aliasing. These will allow four different options. As they are fundamental to OpenOffice configuration I would suggest restarting OO after each change to make sure it takes.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS