Saved text disappeared from file (.docx)

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
unguriuxtizzz

Saved text disappeared from file (.docx)

Post by unguriuxtizzz »

Hello, i worked with Open Office program .docx extension file.
i put text, saved many times, after while Open office crashed. I try to open same file, and surprise! no text, nothing, file shows 0 bytes .
Please help, what to do , how to recover? what is the point to save file and text, if this not saving anything and still can be disapeared_?

Now when i try to open same file comes this message (in attachment) ASCII Filter options . what is that?
Attachments
ass.PNG
OpenOffice 4.1.6
AOO416m1(Build:9790) - Rev. 1844436
2018-10-23 12:57
RoryOF

Re: Saved text disappeared from file (.docx)

Post by RoryOF »

Your file is corrupt, possibly because of your over-hasty power down of computer before hard disk had flushed its internal buffers to disk. There will be nothing usable in your file. See this
[[Tutorial] How to find and un-delete AOO temporary files
for details of how to recover temporary files, which may contain some or all of your data (or none).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Saved text disappeared from file (.docx)

Post by John_Ha »

unguriuxtizzz wrote:i put text, saved many times, after while Open office crashed.
If you saved many times there will be something to recover in a saved file somewhere. See the Tutorial Rory mentioned for full instructions to find what you saved. Follow the instructions for .odt files as AOO handles .docx files in the same way it handles .odt files.

See [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files for why you should always work in and save files as .odt.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.