Restore my OpenOffice

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
savannah

Restore my OpenOffice

Post by savannah »

I tried to install a printer but now my open office 4 is a open office 4.1,5 with an admin tag. when I try to open my saved work it says "this request operation requires elevation" I was able to get the icon on my toolbar for open office 4 but I have to go to documents to view my saved work. I have no idea how this happened or how to fix. and I have no idea if I can print. any help would be appreciated.
Suppose to be apache open office 4 on a dell OptiPlex 380 desktop
RoryOF

Re: restore my open office

Post by RoryOF »

This "requires elevation" message is from Windows, telling you that you do not have sufficient privileges to run OpenOffice. I'm not a Windows 10 user, but I think you need to right click on OpenOffice (soffice.exe) and select "Run as administrator"; I cannot say if this will hold for all uses of OO in future - perhaps more experienced Windows user will comment.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
savannah

Re: Restore my OpenOffice

Post by savannah »

thank you very much! I have been trying everything lol.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Another option is to reinstall OpenOffice, but specify For all Users, rather than For this User only.
NB: Wording is for Windows 7, not necessarily Windows 10, but should be similar.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
savannah

Post by savannah »

thank you I will give a try. merry Christmas and many blessings savannah