AOO new version 4.1.6. installation

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Henddynynte

AOO new version 4.1.6. installation

Post by Henddynynte »

Received notification this morning about new version available. Went to do the installation but Wizard advised completion failed and "try again later" and I have done some 5 times up to this time but still the same. Attempted then to return to my version 4.1.5 but could not get in as "shortcut is missing" so as of now I cannot use either version.
Open Office 4.1.5. Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: AOO new version 4.1.6. installation

Post by Bill »

Check your security settings in Windows 10 and/or any other malware protection programs you may be using.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Alternately, if you still have 4.1.5, reinstall it or download again if necessary.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Henddynynte

Post by Henddynynte »

My thanks for your help. I carried out RoryOF's suggestion and reverted back to version 4.1.5 and I am once more able to use the system. Bill's suggestion did not come up with anything different and I also tried to install Libre Office as an alternative but this came up against the same problem as I was having with ApacheOO. But good to be happy again! :
Open Office 4.1.5. Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Henddynynte wrote: I also tried to install Libre Office as an alternative but this came up against the same problem as I was having with ApacheOO.
Which shows that the problem is because your PC is setup wrongly and is refusing to install valid software.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.