[Solved] Updates

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
elambright

[Solved] Updates

Post by elambright »

When I select "Help" then "Check for Updates" I get an error message "Checking for an update failed." The Description reads "Error reading data from the Internet. Server error message." Doesn't see to be blocked by my Panda Security Firewall. Looks like the last time it actually checked for an update on it's own was back in May 2018. I'm using Windows 10 current with updates. I've uninstalled the application and reinstalled the application but nothing changes. Simply can't check for updates because it won't connect to the proper server.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.5/Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Updates

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

This problem has been reported as a bug - please see [Issue] Check for Updates feature fails
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
HoosierRebelSr

Re: [Issue] Updates

Post by HoosierRebelSr »

I checked the link "Check for Updates feature fails" suggested by Hagar Delest, read the whole forum discussions. Didn't find a fix for my system. Is there a "simply" fix for OpenOffice 4.1.5, Rev 1817496, with Windows 7 Premium? Would like to know if it is a WIN 7 issue, or can a change in the OpenOffice version be made to allow access to Auto Upgrades? I'm new to the Forum, so if there is additional guidance or another link to a fix please share.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7 Premium
robleyd

Re: [Issue] Updates

Post by robleyd »

There is no fix for version 4.1.5; hopefully the problem will be resolved in the next release of AOO.

Note that when AOO is next updated there will be an announcement here in the forum. If you wish to update extensions in the meantime, you'll need to check the location from where you obtained the extension for possible updates.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers