Remove Open Office

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
jjslusarz

Remove Open Office

Post by jjslusarz »

I installed Microsoft Office. How do I remove Open Office without loosing word or excel documents saved in Open Office.
Open office 3.1 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Remove Open Office

Post by RoryOF »

Remove is probably through Control Panel, Programs. Removing OpenOffice will not interfere with the files it has generated - they are stored on a different area of the disk.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jjslusarz

Post by jjslusarz »

I uninstalled it From programs And I don't see it listed But when I try to save files open office is always listed 1st. Is there any other area that I can look to see where the soctware is located
Open office 3.1 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Have you rebooted your computer? I don't use current Windows, so cannot help further from personal experience.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Sounds like some of the Windows Registry entries were not removed when you uninstalled.
A reboot should resolve these, and if not, there are several programs for verifying the Windows registry.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.