Program Randomly Crashes

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Neyephe

Program Randomly Crashes

Post by Neyephe »

So, today alone, my OO has crashed a total of 8 times... there is no rhyme or reason to the when the crashes occur... could be 5 minutes after opening or 5 hours. I could have a single file open or multiple... and it happens with any file I open.

It started 2 days ago. I went to open a file in OO and nothing happened at all when I clicked open. I tried several different files and none of them would open. I tried to open OO first, and OO would not even open. I rebooted my computer and then everything seemed to be working fine... but then it started randomly crashing.

I just got this laptop 2 months ago and have had no issues whatsoever until two days ago when nothing would open.

Just before the program crashes, the text that I am in the process of typing becomes jumbled and goes right on top of text that is already on the page.

I've tried resetting my profile and turning off windows defender, neither of which fixed the issue.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: Program Randomly Crashes

Post by robleyd »

Windows 10? Recently updated?

See if the suggestions in this topic on a similar issue which was raised very recently provide a solution.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Neyephe

Re: Program Randomly Crashes

Post by Neyephe »

Thank you! I had missed that post when searching earlier. I am trying to uninstall that update now to see if it works for me.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10