[Solved] Spreadsheet link greyed out.

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Littlerooster

[Solved] Spreadsheet link greyed out.

Post by Littlerooster »

I installed Version 4.1.5 and selected those features I wanted, then closed the install. On the opening page the Spreadsheet link was greyed out and not accessible. I queried the problem and the suggestion to fix was to reinstall it and choose ALL the offered features. I then did this and AGAIN, the spreadsheet
link is greyed out and not working. The start page shows: Text Documents-Presentation-Drawing-Database-Formula-Open and Templates which all work but the
Spreadsheet is still greyed out and will not work. I wanted the spreadsheet application primarily so if it cannot be accessed I will just uninstall the program.
Will appreciate any help! Many Thanks: Dick
Last edited by RoryOF on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] and green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
Open Office 4.1.5 on Windows 7 Pro.
RoryOF

Re: Spreadsheet link greyed out.

Post by RoryOF »

From which site did you download?
 Edit: Perform a system file search for scalc.exe; if that is not found, then it was definitely not installed (and hence not linked to) and your downloaded file was probably incomplete. 
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Littlerooster

Post by Littlerooster »

I downloaded it from the Apache Open Office site. [https://www.openoffice.org/download/] I do not find the file you referenced [scalc.exe]
I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and chose ALL features on the second go around,but still no spreadsheet option - still greyed out! Can the file you referenced be downloaded separately,then be installed? Or perhaps I should uninstall it again, then download from a different site?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I'm long out of touch with Windows, so take my suggestion in that light. I suggest renaming the OO User Profile, then reinstalling OO from the existing, or better yet, a fresh download.

To rename your User Profile close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder (user.old is good to use).

Reinstalling does not generate a fresh OO user profile, so in case it is influencing the install, one must manually rename or delete it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Littlerooster

Post by Littlerooster »

RoryOF:
Your information on what to do was Right On.. I renamed the user folder, then uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it worked just fine.
My sincerest thanks to you for your assistance. It was very much appreciated.
rainydaydance

Re: [Solved] Spreadsheet link greyed out.

Post by rainydaydance »

I tried this, but now it say's I don't have the permissions to uninstall the program! I may just find some other program at this rate.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: [Solved] Spreadsheet link greyed out.

Post by robleyd »

Can you tell us exactly what is the problem you are having, and what happened prior to the problem showing itself?
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers