[Solved] Spellcheck Not Working

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
kzac

[Solved] Spellcheck Not Working

Post by kzac »

I recently updated to Open Office 4.1.5 on my Windows 10. I'm working in Sheets and see all words are marked as misspelled. When I right-click it doesn't give me any alternate spellings, only Spellcheck, Add, Ignore All, Word is French (France), Paragraph is French. This strange since I only use English and no other languages.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, I've run a Powerful uninstall using iObit Unstaller and reinstalled. I have searched for %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 but there is no User folder for me to rename or delete.

I have tried searching for updates but I get an error that it can't connect to the internet.

Please help!
Last edited by robleyd on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.5 Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Spellcheck Not Working

Post by Bill »

kzac wrote:I have searched for %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 but there is no User folder for me to rename or delete.
Search is for files and folders. The Address Bar is for going to a particular folder. %appdata%\OpenOffice4 is an address. Enter it in the Address Bar, not Search.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
kzac

Post by kzac »

Bill wrote:
kzac wrote:I have searched for %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 but there is no User folder for me to rename or delete.
Search is for files and folders. The Address Bar is for going to a particular folder. %appdata%\OpenOffice4 is an address. Enter it in the Address Bar, not Search.
Used the address bar and I got this error :(
Attachments
2018-07-10.png
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

That's what happens when there's a typo in the address. You left out the backslash between "OpenOffice" and "4".
kzac

Post by kzac »

Bill wrote:That's what happens when there's a typo in the address. You left out the backslash between "OpenOffice" and "4".
Oh my gosh it works! What do I do now?
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Right-click the "user" folder and select "Rename". Change the name to "userold" and restart AOO.
kzac

Post by kzac »

It worked! Thank you!