New to OpenOffice Delete MSO?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Georganna

New to OpenOffice Delete MSO?

Post by Georganna »

I have just downloaded version 4.1.5 (my husband did actually) and we have gone to control panel in windows and made Open Office our defalt program for all associated programs. Should we uninstall Microsoft Office? or is it not advisable?
Windows 7 OpenOffice 4.1.5
FJCC

Re: New to Open Office Delete MSO?

Post by FJCC »

There is no technical reason to uninstall MS Office. If it is not costing you any money, I suggest you leave it in place in case you have to view or edit documents in the MSO formats. It is always best use a program for which the document format is native.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: New to OpenOffice Delete MSO?

Post by John_Ha »

See [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files for why you should always work in and save files as .odt.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
esperantisto
Volunteer

Re: New to OpenOffice Delete MSO?

Post by esperantisto »

There are only two persons who can answer this question: you and your husband. Use AOO for a time and you’ll see.
AOO 4.2.0 (of 2015) / LO 7.x / Win 7 / openSUSE Linux Leap 15.4 (64-bit)