How to access OO files on new machine

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
EVELYNZROSS

How to access OO files on new machine

Post by EVELYNZROSS »

I have a fried laptop and my Open Office files were put on a new laptop. Now I've got Open Office downloaded on my desktop and the files from my other laptop on my desktop. So how do I put my files into the Open Office application? Thanks much!
Open Office Version 4. Installed in Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: How to access OO files on new machine

Post by Zizi64 »

So how do I put my files into the Open Office application?
You not need to put files into same directory either the program files of the office suite is located nor the user profile of the office suite is located.
Yo can put them into the Desktop directory or into the Documents directory.

I suppose that your problem is related to the file associations of the office suite.
The ODF fil formats will be associated automatically when the installer of the office suite run.
And you can assign the MS file types (.doc, .xls, ... etc.) during a custom installation. Just choose the "custom installation" option after launching the installer.
Or you can assign the files by usage the relevant function of the Win 10 operating system to assign the various file types to the Apache OpenOffice or to the LibreOffice.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.