OO crashes repeatedly

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
anhnn1234

OO crashes repeatedly

Post by anhnn1234 »

I am going to have to dig into a client's Win 7 system to learn why OO crashes repeatedly. I'm looking for advice.

Here's the details:
* System -- 64 Win 7 Home Edition / HP Laptop / Running Norton Premium Version / Plenty of HD and Ram / Windows Office Installed On it/ system runs fine
* OO had never been installed on the system -- I encouraged him to use it instead of Microsoft's Office.
* I did original install of 00 last weekend. It opened two documents I sent him and then when it reopened, both documents had to be recovered due to crashing. I deleted his user profile. Behavior continued to happen. I deleted user profile several times.
* I removed OO as well as the OO user dir.
* I ran Mbam on his system.
* I ran Norton scan.
* I ran CC cleaner. (I know how to use it) --- Result of scans: System had a few low-level pups but no viruses/malware
* I stopped all of the Norton tasks
* I downloaded and installed fresh versions of OO 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0.0 and tested each one. Every install had to recreate the user profile.
* Every version tested crashed on his system. I created new test documents and each crashed after leaving open for several minutes, which suggests a conflict or ....
* I rebooted in safe mode/diagnostic. OO crashed in safe mode! Interesting. Opened OO, created new doc., typed the word "test," saved to desktop, waited a few minutes, crash occurred.

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply [robleyd, Moderator].
Last edited by robleyd on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title Edited [robleyd, Moderator].
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4
Hagar Delest

Re: Need help?

Post by Hagar Delest »

Any security application that could prevent AOO from accessing the temporary folder for example?
If you change the temp folder to a dedicated folder in My documents, does it help?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10