[Solved] Portable Version 4.1 AOO not showing all files

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
seanSL2

[Solved] Portable Version 4.1 AOO not showing all files

Post by seanSL2 »

file explorer in OpenOffice portable version 4.1 does not find all the files in a windows10 folder; windows explorer does show all the files

it is as if the files are hidden; even when the files were filed by OpenOffice itself.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1, portable version
JeJe
Volunteer

Re: portableVersion4.1OpenOffice not showing all files

Post by JeJe »

Is the filter, the drop down on the bottom right, set to "All files (*.*)" ?
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
seanSL2

Re: Portable Version 4.1 OpenOffice not showing all files

Post by seanSL2 »

1)thank you 2) I am not sure where the drop down bottom right is (which window) 3) OpenOffice is not even "seeing," that is showing in the window10 windows explorer, the odt or ods file it just created. When I go into the same folder windows explore correctly shows all the files in the folder.
OpenOffice 4.1, portable version
JeJe
Volunteer

Post by JeJe »

I don't have OpenOffice Portable - just the normal version. I was assuming you meant the dialog you get when you go to File menu, Open.

the open dialog box has 2 buttons in the bottom right - Open and cancel. Above those is a combobox for selecting the type of file. Choosing "All files (*.*)" should show everything.

If its not that you might need to give more details for someone to help you.
Windows 10, Openoffice 4.1.11, LibreOffice 7.4.0.3 (x64)
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

seanSL2 wrote:file explorer in OpenOffice portable version 4.1 does not find all the files in a windows10 folder; windows explorer does show all the files

it is as if the files are hidden; even when the files were filed by OpenOffice itself.
"File Explorer" is the Windows 10 file manager. "File Explorer" was called "Windows Explorer" in older versions of Windows, so your use of the term "file explorer in OpenOffice portable" needs clarification. How do you open "file explorer in OpenOffice portable"?
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04