[Solved] Fonts

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
JudyE

[Solved] Fonts

Post by JudyE »

Yesterday I installed the new version of open office because I have a new computer. On the old version I was using there was a font called AstrosymbolsM2 which I used all the time because I am an astrologer. It is no longer listed in the fonts of the new version and all my documents are now unreadable. How do I get it back?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice4.1 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Fonts

Post by RoryOF »

I do not think that font ever came with OpenOffice. It may have been installed on your older computer by some other (probably astrology related) program.

If you have access to your older computer, or to the install disk(s) for that program, you can transfer the font to your new computer. installing it using /Control Panel /Fonts. OpenOffice identifies fonts installed on the computer when it starts up, and uses them.

A Google search for "astro symbols m2" showed up a number of hits; from these you may be able to download the font.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

@JudyE: A Google search for astrosymbolsM2 finds no results. The modified search for astro symbols M2 finds results with some search terms missing, but no font with the name provided. Are you sure about the font name? If so, then it may be a proprietary font from some other program that was installed on the old computer. It definitely isn't a font supplied with OpenOffice.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
JudyE

Post by JudyE »

You are probably right Bill. I had the Astro program on my old computer before I downloaded Open Office so that is probably where the font came from. I did find a couple that I can use until I am able to redownload the Astro program. Thanks for your response.
OpenOffice4.1 on Windows 10