[Solved] Installation error message

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Alsider

[Solved] Installation error message

Post by Alsider »

[FIXED] Hi,
I have used Open office for a few years now, and I downloaded the latest version 4.1.5. As I was going through the set-up process, I got and Error Message. The message said "Error 1316. The Specified account already exists". Here is what I did to attempt to solve the issue myself. I went to start menu and clicked on Control Panel, then clicked on uninstall. I uninstalled ALL of my previous versions of Open Office, and tried to reinstall using the set-up choice in the Open Office File on my desktop. Again the same Error Message appeared. I re-booted my computer, and again tried to use the setup, but once again I received the SAME Error Message. Can someone PLEASE help me to install this latest version? How can I get past this issue?

Thank you for your help in this
Last edited by thomasjk on Tue May 22, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mark thread [Solved] and add green checkmark
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Win 7 Operating system.
RusselB

Re: Installation error message

Post by RusselB »

'My first question is, did you download from http://www.openoffice.org/download and then wait for the SourceForge page to automatically start the download?
If you did not, then you may have a modified copy of the download, in which case I recommend that you do a complete uninstall, ensuring that all OpenOffice processes have stopped, which you can do by using the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and performing an End Process on any processes that start with soffice
After you do that, I recommend a full anti-virus and malware check on your system... just in case.
If the above does not apply or if it makes no difference, then I suggest you reset your OpenOffice User Profile as described here and try the installation again.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

See if this query about 1316 helps.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Alsider

Post by Alsider »

[FIXED] I found a solution with one of the others who had a similar issue, was to download a Trouble Shooting program that helps with install and uninstall issues. Thank you again.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Win 7 Operating system.