Removing Read Only

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
ppi0598

Removing Read Only

Post by ppi0598 »

I am new to this system and I will admit I am not good at any of them.
I have been using Microsoft Word and Excel for years but only in documents that are set up and I just plug in new numbers.
I have one of those documents that I am trying to update and it is in Read Only mode....
HOW DO I GET IT OUT? I need this document to go out today.

Thanks!
Last edited by robleyd on Wed May 16, 2018 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove Known Issues icon [robleyd, Moderator]
Open Office 4.1.5/ Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU P6100 @2.0GHz
FJCC

Re: Removing Read Only

Post by FJCC »

The quick fix is to use the menu File -> Save As and save it to your desktop.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
ppi0598

Post by ppi0598 »

This did not work. I don’t understand how just part of this document got this way. It will let me change text just not where there is a formula. I have another file that it let me change everything. As I said, I have used this document many times and have never had this problem. At this point, I’m going back to Microsoft.
Open Office 4.1.5/ Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU P6100 @2.0GHz
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

The suggested fix didn't work because it is intended to address the problem of your whole document being in read-only mode. That is what your first post describes. Please tells us the kind of document you are using. Is it a Writer (text) or Calc (spreadsheet) file? Do you get any message when you try to edit the read-only part? If it is a Writer document, are you referring to formulas in a table?
If you could upload the document and a precise description of where the problem is, that would be best. To upload a file, click Post Reply and then look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response. There is a 128kB size limit for uploads.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.