How to configure settings for all users on Terminal Server

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
cpiva@naylor.com

How to configure settings for all users on Terminal Server

Post by cpiva@naylor.com »

We have had OpenOffice working for awhile now (a few years) on our Terminal Servers (Server 2012R2).
However recently management wants some changes made to the configuration, and they want those settings set globally for all users (about 90 users who access the terminal servers)
How would I go about to make these changes?
I know the settings are stored in xml files under c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\OpenOffice\4\user
But this is about all I was able to figure out.
I'm not sure if I can make these changes via the registry, a batch file, or if I'm going to have to purge all the local profiles, change the settings manually to what management wants, and then re-sysprep and redeploy the images, which seems like a bit of an ordeal.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Carlo.
OpenOffice version: 4.1.5
RoryOF

Re: How to configure settings for all users on Terminal Serv

Post by RoryOF »

This note
Multi-User or Network Installation
tells how to do a multi-user installation of OO. It may give you some clues on how to approach your problem.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
cpiva@naylor.com

Post by cpiva@naylor.com »

Thanks for the link, but in going through it, I would need to re-sysprep the image, which is what I am hoping to avoid.
We do not give users access to install on the terminal servers, and we wouldn't be getting the users to do any sort of installation anyways.
As it is working for all our users, but I just need to make a few configuration changes global, is there not another method?
Is there not a particular file I can edit that I can make changes to outside of the GUI without having to take down servers or creating a large user impact?
OpenOffice version: 4.1.5
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you make one installation that is as you require, you could copy registrymodifications.xcu to all users. The only problem in doing this is that all users would then have the same user name; you might be able to write a batch file that would insert the user name into that.xcu file. All users would find their Recent documents list reset, but that list rebuilds as files are opened.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS