Printer cuts the edges

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
alan1379

Printer cuts the edges

Post by alan1379 »

i have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 that i use for printing, but it does not print the edges: ie: on spreadsheets, it cuts off the left edge, on word documents, it cuts off the top and bottom lines. Tried to check both open office and the printer for settings that might indicate if i have the settings set improperly. Forgot to mention that i have Windows 10. Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give. Alan

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by alan1379 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Metz, OpenOffice 4.1.5, Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: printer

Post by RoryOF »

In /File /Print there is a Properties button, which gives access to the printer settings; Press this and check that he printer is set to pint on the correct paper size (usually US Letter in in USA, A4 if anywhere else), also that the orientation of the paper is correct (usually Portrait).

Elsewhere on the settings in Properties there may also be a scaling factor to magnify or decrease the printing. This should (initially) be 100%. (the scaling/magnification factor may or may not be there - it is dependent on the exact printer used).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
alan1379

Re: printer

Post by alan1379 »

THANK YOU, i'll check again, but i may have already tried that. Thank you for your time and help. Alan
alan1379

Re: Printer cuts the edges

Post by alan1379 »

i tried the suggestions, but i don't have access to some of the settings, and the ones i could do not change anything. Thanks again, Alan
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Printer cuts the edges

Post by John_Ha »

The problem is probably because your current printer driver has the wrong settings for the "minimum gap to edge of paper".

W10 seems to have the delightfully endearing habit of installing incorrect printer drivers during updates without bothering to tell you. Go to the printer manufacturer's web site and download and install the correct driver for your printer.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.