Error message when saving file

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
begemotgeroi

Error message when saving file

Post by begemotgeroi »

Every time I try to save a file, I keep getting these error messages. Not all at once, they show up one right after the other.
HLBxzmV.png
Any idea how to fix this or what might be causing it?

I've searched through the forum for other "issues when saving files" topics, but none of the ones I looked at covered this particular set of error messages.
Apache Open Office 4.1.5
Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit
RusselB

Re: Error message when saving file

Post by RusselB »

Can you save the file to a location other than the desktop?
If so, do so, then reboot your system.
If not, then I'm afraid that you'll lose the file you're trying to save, as, to my knowledge, a reboot will be required to get the user rights re-associated.
Technically there are other ways of doing it, but a reboot is the simplest method.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Do you have any security application that monitors what happens on your HD and especially your user folders?
It seems that the temporary files are created but then perhaps removed.
As a workaround, you can try to change the path of the AOO temporary files (Tools>Options>OpenOffice>Paths) and set it to a folder in My Documents for example. Just to see if that works.
If so, then you'll to find why the files in the roaming folders are prevented to be modified.

You can try to reset your OpenOffice user profile but not sure it would help in your case.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

First check your Windows Defender settings and make certain that all the AOO programs are permitted to write to the disk. W10 updates seem to have the delightful habit of changing these settings without bothering to tell you. Be sure soffice.bin and soffice.exe have write access.

See windows defender.
Clipboard02.png
If your problem is solved please view your first post in this thread and click the Edit button (top right in the post) and add [Solved] in front of the subject.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.