[Solved] AOO 4.1.5 Spellchecker Problem

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
rojohol

[Solved] AOO 4.1.5 Spellchecker Problem

Post by rojohol »

Running AOO 4.1.5 under Windows10. I recenty updated from AOO 4.1.2 primarily to get the Auto-spellchecker to work. In preparation for this update, I installed the latest versions of JRE (jre8u162 windows i586 and x64) in the corresponding locations of D:\Program Files (x86) and D:\Program Files. AOO 4.1.5 also isinstalled in D:\Program Files (x86).

AOO 4.1.5 ("Writer" & "Calc", with all sub-features) is functioning properly except for Auto-spellchecker in "Writer". When that function is enabled in the tool bar, EVERY word is underlined with a fine squiggly line, correctly spelled or otherwise!! I noticed the "Add New Features" icon (bottom-left corner of the AOO 4.1.5 opening screen) takes you to a listing of available Extensions that includes "Spellcheckers". Will adding a "Spellchecker Extension" fix my problem?? If so, and I download it, do I install it in the same location that has the AOO 4.1.5 (D:\Progrm Files (x86)\Apache OpenOffice 4 ?

I'm "grasping at straws" here. The Auto-Spellchecker didn't work in AOO 4.1.2 (even with previous versions of JRE) and now, I still have the same problem with AOO 4.1.5! I will be greatfull for any suggestions! :knock:

PS: "Solved" by quiting! :(
Last edited by rojohol on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
RoryOF

Re: AOO 4.1.5 Spellchecker Problem

Post by RoryOF »

Search the forum for "Spellchecker", using the search function at top right of forum window; this is one of the most commonly asked (and not researched) questions on the forum.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

See the first topic - [Solved] Spell Check Not Working (words red underlined) - in the Writer forum.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
rojohol

Post by rojohol »

Thanks, David, but I've gotten discouraged enough after chasing around on this forum reading suggestions ending with "this should work" or, "this may work" etc. And, I understand this has been going on for months. I had enough trouble just getting Apache 4.1.5 (replacing 4.1.2 & others dating back to OO.org 3.0 in 2009) to install where I wanted it, only to find the spellcheck problem followed along. If the "script" really works, perhaps the developers will incorporate it one day in an "official", numbered update. :ucrazy:

Best Regards
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10