AOO 4.1.5 Installer Questions

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
rojohol

AOO 4.1.5 Installer Questions

Post by rojohol »

I'm currently running AOO 4.1.2 under Windows 10 fully updated. I have downloaded (and validated with a checksum) AOO 4.1.5 and started the installation process. But, I'd like to get clarification on the following items before going any further:

1). Does the 4.1.5 installer include a "clean un-install" of the 4.1.2 version? Or, should I prepare my computer first by running something like Revo Uninstaller?
2). At this time I only want to install "Writer" and "Calc" (English for both). Will the "Typical" install be adequate or, do I need to select "Custom"? Can I go back later add "Draw"?
3). If "Custom" is a better choice, how do I get a "confirmation" on which "sub-function options" I select before continuing the installation. (When I click on an option, there is no change in the
display that reflects that I have selected it!)
4). Does the spell checker in "Writer" work properly? (Yes, I have installed the 32bit version of JRE-8u 161 on my computer but, it didn't solve the spell checker issue I have with 4.1.2 .)

Comments and suggestions will be appreciated. :)
RoryOF

Re: AOO 4.1.5 Installer Questions

Post by RoryOF »

1) The new version will remove the old; it will use the same OO user profile so that your dictionaries and extensions are preserved.
2) Install it all - there is little space saving by only installing parts, and what functionality you lose by selective installing is not known.
3) Not applicable in view of my answer to 2)
4) Spellchecker works correctly; whether it installs correctly is dependant on the installer - I have had no problems with it in 10 years on all my computers. If it doesn't work, come back for assistance - the fix is simple.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS